Thursday, November 26, 2015

Back to Blogging

So, Jess, why did you stop blogging for, like, five months?

Hmmm…how do I put this?  Whenever I sat down to pound out a post, I was disappointed by the lack of something new to say.  I even deleted a couple of posts.  The midpoint of Peace Corps service is an interesting place to be.  In many ways, I am integrated into my host community.  The foods aren’t new or surprising anymore.  My work routine is boiled down to a well-rehearsed timetable, now.  I’ve already posted about the projects that I have started.  In a lot of ways, I work daily to maintain the programs that you guys already know about.  I can’t bring myself to post repetitive stories and pictures, it makes me bored…I imagine it’s worse for readers.

So, Jess, why bother starting up again?

Well, that is a good question.  I like blogging.  It is therapeutic—cathartic in a way.  Also, I think I will enjoy having blog posts to remember some of the specifics of my service.  It is a great way to record general feelings and sentiments that can’t quite be captured in pictures.  It encourages me to be introspective.  Even though not all of my stream of conscience makes it on to the Internet, it is a good exercise in focusing on the positive points of my experience.  I realize that there are still things I can write, but maybe they will have to be a little more reflective.  Challenge tentatively accepted.  

Will you post regularly?

Quizás.  Maybe.  Tal vez.  Perhaps.  Ojalá.  Allah-willing.*  I have already pre-loaded some posts to go up this week!


*One of the most obvious remnants of Arabic influence on the Spanish language.  Spanish history moment over.  

Love always, 
Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment